Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day five

Yesterday I went to Jack In The Box and splurged on a Sourdough Jack, which had a generous helping of surprisingly good tomatoes and 670 calories. I also got three Hamburger Deluxes with cheese, 427 calories, $1.29 each. They were pretty decent and I kind of liked that the lettuce is one whole piece, although I'd almost just as soon dispense with the lettuce altogether, especially  the next day when it's all wilty. In fact, I think that in future I will.

I'm definitely starting to feel some side effects from the cheeseburger diet... I feel kind of full all the time, and a bit gassy.

Now that I have defended the cheeseburger from allegations of having magical powers to make people fat and sick, cheeseburger detractors (why don't you bastards post your comments here? Don't you realize that is the point of the blog?) seem to have decided to deliberately misconstrue what I'm saying, and accused me of claiming that a cheeseburger diet is GOOD FOR YOU.

OK. No. For fuck's sake, I wouldn't have ever wondered what it would feel like to eat absolutely nothing but cheeseburgers if I thought it was good for you. And no, also I am not trying to emulate the conditions that homeless people live in. I spent part of my childhood in hungry, horrible poverty and have no desire to experience that again. I should probably be a good two inches taller, but I was malnourished from about 11 to about 13 and my development didn't go quite right because of it. So, I kind of feel like I've done that, it's out of the way, I have no need to recreate it. I'm just intrigued by the idea of what it feels like to live on cheeseburgers and piss a bunch of people off.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up ("ketchup", geddit?) on the last few days and I'm enjoying the romantic side to this. It's looking at times like you're going to use the blog as a platform for burger reviews, which would actually be pretty cool. I haven't A/B'd a Whopper vs. a Big Mac before because I can only handle just one of them, but I think you might be able to pull this off. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete