Friday, October 2, 2009

Day one

I ate one cheeseburger yesterday, to acclimate myself to these things. I had never had a BK double cheeseburger before, and it was surprisingly sticky. I couldn't eat the whole thing, so I gave the last little bit to the chickens, who gobbled it up. I didn't feel entirely OK afterwards, but that could have been a combination of being hung-over and having been recently bitten by a poisonous spider.

Anyway.

I thought that the double cheeseburger was kind of gross, so I amended it with a slice of tomato from home. I think this is acceptable practice, because they have tomatoes at BK and if, say, I ordered a Whopper Jr. with cheese, it would have a tomato slice on it. Today was to be my first full day of the cheeseburger diet, but unfortunately it turns out they don't serve burgers before 11 am, so I had to scrounge some old chicken out of the fridge for breakfast, and went back for burgers this afternoon.

This is where I confess that I got my Whopper Jr. without cheese, because the idea of that sticky, sticky cheese was too much to face. I'm still working my way up to it.

I've decided that adding my own condiments is perfectly kosher for this experiment, because they are ridiculously stingy with the pickles. I mean, I know the thing only cost $1, I can't really complain, but hello, they're pickles. A precision-cut wafer-thin slice of pickle cannot possibly cost so much that they must restrict each burger to two.

The other thing is the mayo. It's disgusting. I like mayonnaise but I am not so fond of mayonnaise that I want it to spurt into my mouth with ejaculatory gusto every time I take a bite. I may have them leave it off, but is that cheating? I think the double cheeseburger doesn't have mayo, so perhaps this is reinforcement to stick with that.

I bought two extra Whopper Jrs, one for dinner and one for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. can't you just order it with extra pickles or without mayo etc...etc...
    I thought the "made it your way" every day or some such shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get to crazy with the "your way" stuff they just screw it up. I am ordering without mayo now, though. Because that shit is disgusting.

    ReplyDelete