Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day six

Last night I finally broke down and purchased cheeseburger ingredients. I got four pounds of 80% lean ground beef, two cheap packages of whole-wheat buns, a jar of sliced pickles, lettuce, and, for added excitement, some mushrooms and Swiss cheese. I already have tomatoes and onions coming out of my ears.

Last night's dinner was DELICIOUS.

I  then accompanied my friend Sean to The County Cork, my neighborhood pub, and watched him eat a cheeseburger. We both burst out laughing when our server asked if he wanted cheese, and then I tried not to be bashful while Sean explained why... she was quite interested, actually, and didn't immediately seem to think I was crazy. Their cheeseburgers are huge; usually when I eat there I take half home for the next meal. (I highly recommend the one with mushrooms and swiss, by the way. OMG yum!) Sean polished off the whole thing in a ridiculously short amount of time and then patiently waited for me to finish my beer.

This morning, freed from the grim spectre of eating a reheated fast-food burger, I minced some parsley, onion, and tomato and mixed it into a fistful of ground beef along with salt, pepper, and an egg, grilled it on the stove, topped it with cheese, and am eating bites of it in between fits of typing. Ideally, I'd be eating it on grilled sourdough, but a girl has to take what she can get.

My stomach seems to be handling this whole situation remarkably well. The initial bloated sensation seems to have passed and my digestion is completely normal. I also appear to have lost three pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment