Monday, October 5, 2009

Day four

I woke up at 4:30 am, starving. Last night for dinner, with wanton abandonment of the spirit of Cheeseburger Experiment yet obeying the letter of it, I had an $8 cheeseburger at the Red Fox. I asked for cheddar instead of blue cheese, but I got blue cheese anyway. I love the Red Fox with a sweet, abiding adoration that transcends time, space, and even disappointing hot dogs, but customizing a food order there is a special challenge. Anyway, it was an excellent cheeseburger served medium-rare on a brioche roll, it was damn tasty, and fortunately I still have half of it reheating in the toaster oven right now. I went on a long hike yesterday on my favorite trail (I have an ongoing love affair with this trail), and I will need to remember to purchase additional cheeseburgers when I do things like that.

I got a text last night that Jack in the Box has $1 cheeseburgers. I know where I'm going for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment