Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day sixteen

Last night was a curious hell of nausea and headaches punctuated by chills, profuse sweating, aural hallucinations, and bizarre dreams. Soft pink eyeless pigs with human faces and moustaches. A friend in a ramshackle outdoor kitchen, cooking giant cabbages infested with huge clumps of tiny orange maggots which at first looked like clusters of flowers. An old lady offering to share her raw cocktail shrimp. A space cowboy peering though the dirty window of the tiny room in which I was sleeping next to some still figure, wanting to come in.

Sweat was pouring off of my skin as if I was in a sauna, pooling between my breasts and dripping down my ribcage... I soaked my sheets and 2 T-shirts with it. The third shirt stayed fairly dry and I slept OK between 5 and 8 am. The funny thing is that I don't have a fever, at all... in fact my temperature dropped a couple of degrees. It's almost back to normal now, but I don't feel right.

I ate half a cheeseburger for breakfast. My stomach wants no more to do with that. I might make more cheeseburger soup for dinner though, just in case I feel up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment